Still an Aryan Blood Brother

Two murders and two life sentences won't alter one convict's allegiance to the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas

"In order to join, they make you go through hell," says Pitcavage. "At first if you try to associate with them, you're not even a prospect. They send you on missions to prove yourself, doing their dirty work. Then you might become a prospect, and then a member. It's not like a militia group where overnight you become a colonel. It's more like the mafia, with captains and capos, where you have to earn rank."

By the time Jameton, also known as Tiger, left prison, he had attained the rank of major in the ABT. If he lacked direction or purpose before coming to prison, he now had both.

It only took seven months following his release from prison in November 2004 before Jameton was in trouble again. Arrested in Ellis County for possession of methamphetamine, he served another 400 days behind bars. A month after this prison stay, he was back in jail on another drug charge, this time in Dallas County.

Dale Jameton with friends during some of his limited time outside prison.
Dale Jameton with friends during some of his limited time outside prison.

But July 23, 2006, he made bond, which was paid for by Jennifer McClellan, whom he had only met once. Jameton found this suspicious—maybe she was a cop or a snitch—but after ABT member Courtland "Rabbit" Edmonds vouched for her, Jameton began to trust her, and they quickly fell for each other.

Before long, Jameton began living at McClellan's house on Duvall Drive in an otherwise peaceful Mesquite neighborhood. Like Jameton, McClellan had a troubled past. She had her first of three daughters at the age of 17, Jameton told me. Because of a Child Protective Services intervention, the girls lived with McClellan's mother, although McClellan was attending court-mandated parenting and substance abuse classes that summer in an attempt to get them back.

Jameton and McClellan partied in low-budget motels in Mesquite with other Aryan Brotherhood members, mostly smoking dope. "We were falling in love," Jameton said. "I could see her becoming my old lady."

That summer, Jason Hankins, an Aryan Brotherhood general, was released on bond from the Tarrant County Jail on a weapons charge. Just 32 years old, he already was a member of the Wheel, the five-member commission that ruled the ABT from prison.

Hankins phoned Jameton to pick him up from jail, and when Jameton arrived in Fort Worth, Hankins introduced him to Anthony Ormwell Clark—Gino—a man Hankins had met in jail. Clark, who was 43 at the time, said he had known Jameton's father and his uncle from their days riding with the Bandidos—he said he had even met Jameton when he was a boy. Jameton didn't recall any of this, pulling Hankins aside and telling him something wasn't right about Clark. He figured Clark was a con artist who wanted to profit off the Aryan Brotherhood, or worse, that he was a cop or an informant. Clark claimed he owned a strip club and that he was a heavy player in the Dallas drug world. Problem was, Jameton knew the real owner of that strip club.

Before long, Clark was starting to affect business. Drug associates who had known Jameton for years split. Business was coming to halt. Jameton said that he pulled Clark aside and gave him a warning, telling Clark to not come around the gang anymore. But Clark didn't listen.

On August 1, 2006, Clark's girlfriend called Hankins to tell him Clark was in a hospital in Bedford. Clark had been doing GHB, and the drug had dehydrated him, causing him to pass out. Hankins and Jameton had borrowed Clark's Ford Explorer, and his girlfriend wondered if they could go pick him up from the hospital.

They did, bringing Clark to McClellan's house, where members of the brotherhood were having a barbecue. Something in Jameton snapped, and he decided it was time to kill Clark. He took Clark out to the back porch and beat him unconscious. A neighbor across the alley witnessed the beating, according to a police report.

Jameton then lugged Clark into the Explorer and laid him across the back seat. He drove to a friend's house nearby, where he grabbed a tarp, chain-link fencing and cinder blocks. He dragged Clark out of the truck, rolled him in the tarp and fencing, and then weighed his body down with the cinder blocks before pulling him into the back of the Explorer. While Jameton told me he acted alone, Mesquite police believe he had help from three associates: Richard Mann (Okie), Hankins and Edmonds (Rabbit), who lived at the house where the body was prepared.

Once he had the body in the Explorer, Jameton drove to the Trinity River bottoms, swam Clark out to the middle of a fishing pond and slit his throat. Five days later, a fisherman found his bloated, decomposing body. It would not be identified for three weeks.

Jameton told me he felt no remorse or guilt about the murder. The way he saw it, he had done the right thing: He warned Clark, and Clark didn't listen. If Clark was a cop or a snitch like Jameton suspected, his actions could be hurting the brotherhood, to which Jameton had allegiance above all else. According to the code he lived by, he had no choice but to kill.

« Previous Page
Next Page »
My Voice Nation Help