By Jim Schutze
By Rachel Watts
By Lauren Drewes Daniels
By Anna Merlan
By Lee Escobedo
By Eric Nicholson
14. Dale Hansen/Norm Hitzges/Randy Galloway. The metroplex's Mount Gushmore is most responsible for shaping local sports opinions.
13. Rick Carlisle. Vanilla blandness often bored players and fans, but he maxed out talent by taking Dallas to the second round of NBA playoffs.
12. Wade Phillips. Win, lose or draw, it's his final season as coach of the Cowboys.
10. Tom Hicks. Still owns the Stars, but by this time next year he'll be former owner of the Rangers and getting cozy with a spot well down this list.
8. Jason Kidd. Not often do 37-year-old point guards shape the future of a franchise.
7. Jon Heidtke. Wouldn't recognize him on the street, but the FOX Sports Net Southwest senior vice president makes the Mavs, Rangers and Stars decisions you recognize nightly on TV.
6. Nolan Ryan. Big Tex is the Rangers' catalyst and may someday soon also be their owner.
5. Mark Cuban. Even in these trying economic times, he shells out $23 million in luxury tax to help the Mavs over the hump.
4. Dirk Nowitzki. The Mavs could stay afloat for a while without Cuban. But sans this guy, they're instantly a lottery team.
2. Tony Romo. Make no mistake, America's Team has been re-booted just for its quarterback.
1. Jerry Jones. Even his mistakes create national headlines.