By Jim Schutze
By Rachel Watts
By Lauren Drewes Daniels
By Anna Merlan
By Lee Escobedo
By Eric Nicholson
14. Nolan Ryan: Big Tex remains the Rangers' most recognizable face.
12. Don Hooton: When Major League Baseball launched its war on steroids, it started with a $1 million grant to his Taylor Hooton Foundation.
11. Randy Galloway: In his unique good-ol'-boy language, he continues to mold area opinions via ESPN Radio and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
9. Jon Daniels: Anyone who can trade for Cliff Lee with his franchise in bankruptcy is possessed with power.
8. Wade Phillips: Enhanced reputation and increased authority via last season's long-awaited playoff win.
7. Jon Heidtke: Wouldn't recognize him on the street, but the Fox Sports Net Southwest senior vice president makes the Mavs, Rangers and Stars decisions you recognize nightly on TV.
6. Tom Hicks: This time next year he'll be former owner of the Rangers and Stars and, fingers crossed, just a memory on this list.
5. Tony Romo: So powerful that he makes headlines for a quiet off-season in which he made no headlines.
4. Dirk Nowitzki: If only for a few hours in free agency, Mavericks fans shuddered at the thought of life without their superstar.
3. Bill Lively: CEO of the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Committee is most responsible for the February game going off without a hitch.
2. Jerry Jones: Add TV star—courtesy HBO's Entourage—to his resume.
1. Mark Cuban: No doubt he can do for the Rangers what he's done for the Mavericks.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city