Suggested Headlines for Stories About Klyde Warren Park Getting an Ice Rink
Soon enough the trees will be replaced with something more useful.
Over on our news blog, we reported today that the folks behind Kylde Warren Park -- the downtown "deck park" that's already cluttered by a stage, ping-ping, a dog run, foosball, a reading room, a playground, a track, some weird overhangs, food trucks and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting -- are planning to install a synthetic ice rink.
We went with a straightforward headline: "Yes, Klyde Warren Park May Get an Ice Rink." Here are the headlines I wanted to write:
- Dallas Already Bored With Klyde Warren Park, Plans to Cram in an Ice Rink
- Whew. For a Second There It Seemed Like They Wanted Us to Have a Picnic or Something.
The Adam Carolla Show
TicketsFri., Nov. 4, 8:00pm
An Evening With Kim Fields
TicketsFri., Nov. 4, 8:15pm
24-HOUR FILMFEAST Featuring the Films of Thomas Allen Harris
TicketsSat., Nov. 5, 12:00pm
Casa Manana Presents Million Dollar Quartet
TicketsSat., Nov. 5, 2:00pm
Scott Joplin Chamber Orchestra Of Houston
TicketsSat., Nov. 5, 5:00pm
- Fifty Bucks Says Dallas Will Raise a Billion Dollars and Get Gehry to Design the Ice Rink
- Hey, If They Throw in a Mini Rail Road Maybe They Don't Need the Grass At All
- Klyde Warren Park: Give Them Credit, They Left it Alone for a Whole Three Months
- When Does Something Stop Being a Park and Start Being an Outdoor Dick's Sporting Goods?
- Klyde Warren Park: Now With More Traffic and Debris Than the Freeway Beneath It
- It Sort of Seems Like That Little Klyde Warren Kid is Actually In Charge of This Park
- Klyde Warren Park to Add Ice Rink, Because Having a Park That Floats Magically Atop a Freeway Isn't Enough for Dallas
- What's Next, Go-Carts? Please Say It's Go-Carts.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Dallas and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.