The Dallas Observer Wants a Photography Intern
Calling all photography students! The lovely and friendly people at the Dallas Observer are recruiting a photo intern for the upcoming semester.
Our interns work directly with the art director and the web editor to supply quality photography for blogs and slideshows, covering events including burlesque shows, art openings, local concerts, festivals, anything at all really. Interns who pass muster are provided the opportunity to assist with feature/cover photo shoots, working closely with the art director to get feedback on their work. Interns are also encouraged to present ideas that could be used for slideshows and photo presentations on the website. In the past, stellar interns have photographed dishes for our weekly review, as well as covers (and even won awards for it!).
Important: Photography interns must be enrolled and register for internship credits--no exceptions. There's no cash offered for this gig, only credits. The number of credits is determined by your institution of enrollment. Reimbursement will be provided for mileage accrued. Still interested? Read on!
Interns must have people skills and fearlessly interact with the public. Reliable transportation is a must, and we will reimburse for mileage. This position is BYOE--bring your own equipment.
- Photograph one or two slideshows per week
- Keep a close working relationship with the art director and web department
- Edit, clean up, and upload all images to the website
- Seek out interesting topics to propose and photograph for slideshows
- Shoot concerts for music blogs and nightlife slideshows
Students who wish to apply can email email@example.com with their résumé and samples (or links).
Get the Arts+Culture Newsletter
Receive exclusive announcements and discounts from the Dallas Art Scene directly to your inbox!
More ARTS News
- Three Art Events For Your Weekend
Fri., May 29, 9 p.m. and Sat., May 30, 9 p.m.
Thu., June 4, 7:30 p.m., Sat., June 27, 2:30 p.m. and Sat., Aug. 8, 11:30 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 10 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 7 p.m.
- The Firestorm at Kitchen Dog Theater Is a Four-Alarm Flop
- Race, Politics and Ambition Clash in Radio Golf at African American Repertory...