Tips for Exercising Outdoors
Ready to work out outside? Be sure you...
- Dress in layers during cold weather. Wear hat and gloves to prevent heat loss.
- Invest in a good pair of walking, running or cycling shoes right from the start.
- Bring plenty of water. It's easier to get dehydrated outdoors.
- Do a thorough warm-up. Even a five-minute walk and some easy stretches help warm up muscles.
- Bring a mat or beach towel if you're going to exercise on the grass or sidewalk.
- Make sure a first-aid kit is nearby in case of a spill.
- Wear sunscreen (even in winter) and insect repellent in summer.
- No earphones if walking, running or cycling on city streets. You need to be aware of oncoming traffic, unleashed dogs or other hazards.
- Do bring a cell phone and identification in case of a mishap.
Get the Arts+Culture Newsletter
Receive exclusive announcements and discounts from the Dallas Art Scene directly to your inbox!
More ARTS News
- Leslie Moody Castro Isn't Just Walking Away From Dallas
Fri., May 29, 9 p.m. and Sat., May 30, 9 p.m.
Thu., June 4, 7:30 p.m., Sat., June 27, 2:30 p.m. and Sat., Aug. 8, 11:30 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 10 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 7 p.m.
- See Alien Like You've Never Seen It Before at Texas Theatre This Weekend
- Giovanni Valderas Leaves Mountain View College for Kirk Hopper Fine Art