Where to Exercise Outdoors in Dallas
Check out Scott Colby's Women's Fitness Camps at http://www.womensfitnesscamp.com. Or call him at 214-505-8504.
Join Colby's free co-ed Playground Fitness Club at Meetup.com (http://fitness.meetup.com/236/). The next scheduled playground workout is 9 a.m., January 20, on the playground at the intersection of Lexington Avenue and St. John's Drive in Highland Park. Meetup.com also offers a variety of other free outdoor group exercise options, including a White Rock Lake/East Dallas Outdoor Activities club (http://walkers.meetup.com/208/), as well as several groups devoted to cycling, hiking, dog-walking and other outdoor pursuits.
Run On! conducts running classes at all levels several mornings and evenings during the week and hosts free social runs at 6 p.m. every Wednesday at all four store locations:
- 5400 E. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 114, Dallas, 214-821-0909
- 1469 W. Campbell Road, Richardson, 972-231-8260
- 680 N. Denton Tap Road, Suite 400, Coppell, 972-956-5550
- 5180 Eldorado Parkway, Suite 200, McKinney, 972-540-0333
Richardson Bike Mart organizes Saturday and Sunday morning group bike rides from its three stores in Dallas (9040 Garland Road), Richardson (1451 W. Campbell Road) and Frisco (8820 John Hickman Parkway). Distances range from 12 to more than 50 miles per ride. A new night ride is held at 8 p.m. Tuesdays from the Frisco location. For details, schedules, maps and other info, go to http://bikemart.com or call 972-231-3993.
Get the Arts+Culture Newsletter
Receive exclusive announcements and discounts from the Dallas Art Scene directly to your inbox!
More ARTS News
- A Queso Fountain, Busby Berkeley and Other Reasons to See Stop Hitting Yourself
Fri., May 29, 9 p.m. and Sat., May 30, 9 p.m.
Thu., June 4, 7:30 p.m., Sat., June 27, 2:30 p.m. and Sat., Aug. 8, 11:30 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 10 a.m.
Fri., June 5, 7 p.m.
- Five Free & Cheap Culture Events This Week
- Francisco Moreno Used Car Culture and Abstract Art To Address Cultural Identity