A Cowboys' GM Other Than Jerry Jones? Never Ever Never.
Your Dallas Cowboys will someday get a new quarterback and will sooner rather than later be gifted with a different head coach, but Jerry Jones is and always will be the franchise's general manager.
Not surprising at all - he's said it before, repeatedly - but today it just got punctuated. With an exclamation point. No, make that a stern, scolding, end-of-discussion period.
On his weekly Tuesday morning radio show on 105.3 The Fan, Jagger had the
audacity balls to ask the owner if he would ever consider relinquishing his GM duties.
"No," Jones responded emphatically. "And we don't need to argue about it. I don't have anything that I don't manage myself. I just don't."
There are a couple things Jerry isn't so sure about:
1. U2. Though the mega-band is playing Cowboys Stadium on Monday night, Jerry drew a blank when asked about his favorite song from the band. "Remind me of some of them," he said sheepishly.
2. Eli Manning and the New York Giants possibly defiling the new joint with signatures, spit and shenanigans. Joked Jerry, "This is the first I've heard of it. But the stadium was built to handle saliva."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
More Blogs News
- After Club Signs Nathan, Moves Neffy to Rotation, Rangers Offer Wilson Arbitration
- They Went and Stole Shawn Bradley's Bike!
- From Penn State to the Dallas Stars, the Good, Bad and Godawful News in This Day in Sports