Because I'm Better Than Bitter, 20 Things I Love
I love sports and stuff and, oh yeah, freaky things like, say, baby heads in glass vases.
No, no, no. You got me all wrong.
Am I skeptical? Cynical? Inquisitive? Smart-assy? Guilty.
But bitter? Hardly.
I consider myself more tell-it-like-it-is realistic rather than jump-off-the-high-five negative. I don't think the Rangers will make the playoffs. I think Josh Hamilton should've come clean before he was caught. And I absolutely despise squirrels. But, honestly, I'm generally a silly, dorky, positive guy that takes his job - but not himself - seriously.
Just to make sure I'm not sending the wrong message, a little balance this morning. If you will.
How about 20 random things I really, truly love? ...
19. Mi familia.
18. Tan lines.
17. Dave Chappelle.
16. Rafael Nadal.
15. Lightning bugs at dusk.
14. Captain Morgan.
13. Brent Musburger.
12. The creator of our universe, whomever He/She/It may be.
11. Nine Inch Nails.
10. Temporarily forgetting about the second mortgage and the third wife and the fact that my four tires need rotating, courtesy of a damn good game.
9. Full moons, and meteor showers.
8. Rick Reilly.
7. A cold nectarine on a hot afternoon.
6. DeMarcus Ware.
5. Be it fashion, music, opinion or personality, anything that oozes character and/or reminds me that there are alternatives to the mainstream mush.
4. Elvis Andrus.
3. Jon Stewart.
2. Dirk Nowitzki.
1. Sportatorium commenters who force me to check myself.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Observer's biggest stories.