Now, where'd we put that embalming fluid?
If you sense a light blogging day, you’re very perceptive.
1. Not a lot of stimulating sportsiness in the air.
2. I’m chin-deep penning a cover story about you-know-who.
So, in a very transparent attempt to be both dismissive and productive – I’ll write a column about this sooner or later -- let me reach out to you to help me construct a list of the greatest all-time memories of Reunion Arena. If you haven’t heard, the old joint is on Death Row.
Off the top of my noggin’:
5. Sitting on the curb of 777 Sports Street in 1987, watching the passing Dallas Sidekicks’ championship parade.
4. Having Larry Bird interrupt my interview at the 1986 NBA All-Star Game with a beer-flavored burp.
3. Watching John McEnroe play Jimmy Connors in, I think, 1984. I’m a tennis nerd, sue me.
2. Covering Avery Johnson’s involvement with Hurricane Katrina evacuees using the building as temporary shelter.
1. Being a part of the Reunion Rowdies and willing the Mavericks to a Game 6 victory over the Lakers in the 1988 Western Conference Finals. Still never been in a louder, more electric building.
Whatcha got? -- Richie Whitt
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.