Colts, Saints to Super Bowl XLIV: My Top 10 Observations
10. Pierre Garcon > Roy Williams. Cool that he and his AFC Championship Game-record 11 catches are from Haiti. But what's with the cocky little tail under the C in his last name?
9. Any old French garson > Roy Williams.
8. Is it just me, or does CBS analyst Phil Simms start every sentence with "We talk to coach (fill in the name) last night, and he told us ..."? I mean, it's great to have a pipeline to coaches, but come up with an original thought or perspective.
7. The Saints story is warm-n-fuzzy and all, because they've never been to the Super Bowl. I get that. But I'm already tired of the "we did this for Katrina!" angle. If that was such an inspiration, wouldn't they have beaten the Bears in the NFC Championship in 2007?
6. Considering Brett Favre's injury, don't we expect to hear this news this week: Tony Romo, Pro Bowl?
5. If the true definition of a superstar is that he makes the players around him better, then Peyton Manning is the ultimate superstar.
4. I hope Keith Brooking and the Cowboy crybabies watched Saints-Vikings. Why? Because Minnesota ran the exact same play - a left corner pattern to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe - to tie Sunday's game at 21 that they ran to supposedly run up the score on Dallas in the final two minutes. Like I said last week, what if they were merely polishing up a play they plan to use later in the playoffs?
3. Colts 34, Saints 28. I reserve the right to tweak.
2. Saints kicker Garrett Hartley - from Southlake Carroll - says he called his Dad and told him he was going to kick the game-winning field goal. Yeah, but he needs to tell us that story before the game, not after. Otherwise, it's like me saying "See, I toldja I was going to write a crappy blog item today!"
1. Can't believe Brett Favre threw that interception at the end of regulation. Actually, come to think of it, I can believe it. As a matter of fact, it makes perfect sense. I'd have been shocked otherwise. The guy just has a quirky chromosone that compels him to take unnecessary risks.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
More Blogs News
- After Club Signs Nathan, Moves Neffy to Rotation, Rangers Offer Wilson Arbitration
Thu., Nov. 26, 3:30pm
Fri., Nov. 27, 12:00am
Fri., Nov. 27, 12:00am
Fri., Nov. 27, 2:00pm
- They Went and Stole Shawn Bradley's Bike!
- From Penn State to the Dallas Stars, the Good, Bad and Godawful News in This Day in Sports