Dallas Cowboys Show Off Their Big New TV
Jerry Jones invited his friends in the media out to the Cowboys' new digs in Arlington yesterday, to show off the enormous new video board that'll hang 90 feet over the field (just 90 feet!).
On the way out to check out the screen, we got to snap some photos inside the new stadium, and you they're all up in our slideshow. After the jump, check out some facts and figures on the new TV screen (don't recommend you try comparing it to your home entertainment system, no matter what the guy at Best Buy sold you).
According to the Cowboys and the good folks at Mitsubishi Diamond Vision, their new video board setup:
- Is the world's largest 1080p HDTV screen
- Weighs 600 tons
- Reaches almost from one 20-yard line to the other
- Has 30 million light bulbs across 25,000 square feet
- Is the first center-hung video board in football
- Has a built-in elevator with 10 levels from the top of the board to the bottom
- Hang from the stadium's main arches, and can support a 90,000 pound basketball scoreboard hanging underneath
- Is suspended 90 feet above the playing field
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.