Dallas Cowboys Show Off Their Big New TV
Jerry Jones invited his friends in the media out to the Cowboys' new digs in Arlington yesterday, to show off the enormous new video board that'll hang 90 feet over the field (just 90 feet!).
On the way out to check out the screen, we got to snap some photos inside the new stadium, and you they're all up in our slideshow. After the jump, check out some facts and figures on the new TV screen (don't recommend you try comparing it to your home entertainment system, no matter what the guy at Best Buy sold you).
According to the Cowboys and the good folks at Mitsubishi Diamond Vision, their new video board setup:
- Is the world's largest 1080p HDTV screen
- Weighs 600 tons
- Reaches almost from one 20-yard line to the other
- Has 30 million light bulbs across 25,000 square feet
- Is the first center-hung video board in football
- Has a built-in elevator with 10 levels from the top of the board to the bottom
- Hang from the stadium's main arches, and can support a 90,000 pound basketball scoreboard hanging underneath
- Is suspended 90 feet above the playing field
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
More Blogs News
- After Club Signs Nathan, Moves Neffy to Rotation, Rangers Offer Wilson Arbitration
Fri., Nov. 27, 11:30am
Fri., Nov. 27, 2:00pm
Fri., Nov. 27, 2:30pm
Fri., Nov. 27, 5:30pm
- They Went and Stole Shawn Bradley's Bike!
- From Penn State to the Dallas Stars, the Good, Bad and Godawful News in This Day in Sports