Day "Off": My Top 10 Observations
10. Decided to take a day off today. At least from 105.3 The Fan. I'm working on a cover story for next week's Dallas Observer, plus I've contracted some ornery strand of the common cold that has me so congested that diced jalapenos taste like nothing but texture.
Seeing that I spent my two most recent vacations in Las Vegas, I realized this morning it's my first day "off" at home since July. And, no, that certainly isn't a plea for sympathy. Just a prelude to a staycation.
9. My schedule-making money is on Cowboys-Redskins for this year's Thanksgiving Game, Nov. 25, 2010.
8. I know some of you - you know who you are - are convinced I sit around intently listening to The Ticket all day, making notes and cheat sheets before somehow simultaneously going on the radio for four hours. But, truth be told, this morning was the first time in a long time I listened to 1310 AM for more than 10 minutes. What have I been missing? At 8:15ish Dunham & Miller engaged in "Blender Talk." I am not making that up.
7. As I've grown older my allergies have grown stronger. Hey, dude over there sneezing, is Claritin my best over-the-counter option?
6. I know Rich Harden is supposed to be the Texas Rangers' ace, but after last season hasn't Scott Feldman earned the right to be No. 1 and start on Opening Day? Apparently not.
5. Again, I'm not saying President Obama's healthcare reform bill is perfect. But feeding the poor and healing the sick seems like a step in the right direction. And, yeah, I'll gladly fork over some cash if it helps 32 million Americans afford to go to the doctor. That said, I can totally see how the Right despises Nancy Pelosi.
4. Texas Tech almost made the NIT semifinals and a trip to New York's Madison Square Garden. Seriously, how does that consolation tournament survive?
3. Speaking of the Texas Rangers' rotation, you ready to trust C.J. Wilson every fifth day?
2. With the Dallas Mavericks' win and the Denver Nuggets' loss to the lowly Knicks, the two are tied for the West's No. 2 seed. Not much difference in 2 or 3, but fall to 4 and you could get the Lakers in the second round. And, hey Dirk Nowitzki, you've got to be smarter than that.
1. Jerry Jones says the Dallas Cowboys are considering starting Felix Jones at running back. Altogether now: Duh.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
More BLOGS News
- The DMN's Tod Robberson Is Hot and Bothered Over Squirt.Org's Deep Ellum...
- American Airlines Center is One of the World's Top-Selling Concerts Venues So Far in 2015
- Doug Burr's New Record is His First in Five Years, and It's Worth the Wait