Hard Knocks: Week 3
I give it a B- so far.
The five best moments from last night’s Hard Knocks: Week 3. Or did I miss something?
5. Jerry Jones and Sports Illustrated’s Peter King talking – I think – while munching popcorn. Free Sportatorium T-shirt to anyone who provides me an accurate transcript of that abomination. (Editors note: Sportatorium T-shirts are, at press time, nothing more than a concept item.)
4. DeMarcus Ware sharing a genuine, tender moment with his wife and adopted daughter via computer webcam. Maybe I’m growing a vagina, but it was neat to see a Pro Bowl monster also being a daddy.
3. Pacman Jones reading aloud his letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. And I quote, “I feel like I’ve turned a corner and I can assure you I will not repeat my mistakes.” Believe him?
2. Tony Romo singing on the practice field. Seriously, man, Jessica must sound like Patsy Cline when they warble to each other at home. Or as Terrell Owens so delicately put it, “Bro, you’re tone deaf.”
1. To me, this episode – and the most intriguing aspect of HBO’s footage – was all about the coaches being candid. Hearing offensive coordinator Jason Garrett say “I’d be scared to death if he ever had to play in a game that meant anything” (my guess: Richard Bartel), hearing linebackers coach Reggie Herring say “He’s been a bum the whole camp” (my guess: Bobby Carpenter) and hearing defensive coordinator Brian Stewart say “It looks like he can’t tackle” (my guess: Orlando Scandrick) was priceless. -- Richie Whitt
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.