NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 11
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Kyle Boller
Marc Bulger, Rams (-5).
31. Mark Sanchez, Jets (-2).
30. Daunte Culpepper
Matthew Stafford, Lions (-).
29. Bruce Gradkowski, Raiders (+2).
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-).
27. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (-2).
26. Brady Quinn, Browns (+6).
25. Jason Campbell, Redskins (+1).
24. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-).
23. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-3).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (-).
21. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-).
20. Jay Cutler, Bears (-2).
19. Chad Henne, Dolphins (-).
18. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (+5).
17. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
16. Matt Ryan, Falcons (-1).
15. Eli Manning, Giants (+1).
14. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (-).
13. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
12. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (-2).
11. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (-).
10. Vince Young, Titans (+2).
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys (-).
8. Matt Schaub, Texans (-1).
7. Carson Palmer, Bengals (-1).
6. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+2).
5. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
4. Brett Favre, Vikings (-).
3. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (-).
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Observer's biggest stories.