NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 16
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Kyle Boller, Rams (-1).
31. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (+1).
30. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-1).
29. Matthew Stafford, Lions (-).
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-1).
27. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-).
26. Brady Quinn, Browns (+2).
25. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-4).
24. Chad Henne, Dolphins (-).
23. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-1).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (+2).
21. Mark Sanchez, Jets (+4).
20. Matt Moore, Panthers (+3).
19. Jay Cutler, Bears (+2).
18. Matt Ryan, Falcons (+3).
17. David Garrard, Jaguars (+1).
16. Kyle Orton, Broncos (+1).
15. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
14. Eli Manning, Giants (-4).
13. Vince Young, Titans (-3).
12. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (+2).
11. Matt Schaub, Texans (+1).
10. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (+3).
9. Brett Favre, Vikings (-5).
8. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (-).
7. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+1).
6. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+3).
5. Drew Brees, Saints (-4).
4. Tom Brady, Patriots (+1).
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
2. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (+1).
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (+1).
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.