NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 8
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
31. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-5).
30. Marc Bulger, Rams (+1).
29. Derek Anderson, Browns (-).
28. Josh Johnson, Buccaneers (+2).
27. Kerry Collins, Titans (+1).
26. Matthew Stafford , Lions (+1).
25. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-1).
Shaun Hill Alex Smith, 49ers (-4).
Trent Edwards Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (+1).
22. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-1).
21. Chad Henne, Dolphins (+1).
20. Mark Sanchez, Jets (+5).
19. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-).
18. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
17. Jay Cutler, Bears (-2).
16. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (-).
15. Matt Ryan, Falcons (-4).
14. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
13. Matt Schaub, Texans (+3).
12. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+1).
11. Eli Manning, Giants (-5).
10. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+2).
9. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-).
8. Brett Favre, Vikings (-3).
7. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+3).
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (+2).
5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
4. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-).
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
2. Drew Brees, Saints (-).
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.