NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 8
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
31. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-5).
30. Marc Bulger, Rams (+1).
29. Derek Anderson, Browns (-).
28. Josh Johnson, Buccaneers (+2).
27. Kerry Collins, Titans (+1).
26. Matthew Stafford , Lions (+1).
25. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-1).
Shaun Hill Alex Smith, 49ers (-4).
Trent Edwards Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (+1).
22. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-1).
21. Chad Henne, Dolphins (+1).
20. Mark Sanchez, Jets (+5).
19. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-).
18. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
17. Jay Cutler, Bears (-2).
16. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (-).
15. Matt Ryan, Falcons (-4).
14. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
13. Matt Schaub, Texans (+3).
12. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+1).
11. Eli Manning, Giants (-5).
10. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+2).
9. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-).
8. Brett Favre, Vikings (-3).
7. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+3).
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (+2).
5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
4. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-).
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
2. Drew Brees, Saints (-).
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.