NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 9
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Derek Anderson, Browns (-).
31. Matthew Stafford , Lions (-1).
30. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (+).
29. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-3).
27. Marc Bulger, Rams (-).
26. Mark Sanchez, Jets (-).
25. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (+3).
24. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-).
23. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-3).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (-1).
21. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (+2).
20. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-9).
19. Chad Henne, Dolphins (-).
18. Jay Cutler, Bears (-3).
17. David Garrard, Jaguars (+1).
16. Eli Manning, Giants (-1).
15. Vince Young, Titans (+6).
14. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (-).
13. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-3).
12. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (-2).
11. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+2).
10. Matt Schaub, Texans (-2).
9. Matt Ryan, Falcons (+3).
8. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+1).
7. Tony Romo, Cowboys (-).
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (-).
5. Brett Favre, Vikings (-1).
4. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (+1).
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (-).
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.