NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 9
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Derek Anderson, Browns (-3).
31. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-).
30. Matthew Stafford , Lions (-4).
29. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
28. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (-).
27. Marc Bulger, Rams (+3).
26. Mark Sanchez, Jets (-5).
Trent Edwards Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-2).
24. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (+1).
23. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-4).
Shaun Hill Alex Smith, 49ers (+2).
Kerry Collins Vince Young, Titans (+6).
20. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (+2).
19. Chad Henne, Dolphins (+2).
18. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
17. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (-4).
16. Eli Manning, Giants (-5).
15. Jay Cutler, Bears (+2).
14. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (-9).
13. Matt Ryan, Falcons (+2).
12. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-3).
11. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (+5).
10. Joe Flacco, Ravens (+4).
9. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+3).
8. Matt Schaub, Texans (+5).
7. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+3).
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (-).
5. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-1).
4. Brett Favre, Vikings (+4).
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-1).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (+1).
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Observer's biggest stories.