NFL Quarterback Rankings: Week 9
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Derek Anderson, Browns (-3).
31. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-).
30. Matthew Stafford , Lions (-4).
29. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
28. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (-).
27. Marc Bulger, Rams (+3).
26. Mark Sanchez, Jets (-5).
Trent Edwards Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-2).
24. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (+1).
23. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-4).
Shaun Hill Alex Smith, 49ers (+2).
Kerry Collins Vince Young, Titans (+6).
20. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (+2).
19. Chad Henne, Dolphins (+2).
18. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
17. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (-4).
16. Eli Manning, Giants (-5).
15. Jay Cutler, Bears (+2).
14. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (-9).
13. Matt Ryan, Falcons (+2).
12. Kyle Orton, Broncos (-3).
11. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (+5).
10. Joe Flacco, Ravens (+4).
9. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+3).
8. Matt Schaub, Texans (+5).
7. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+3).
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (-).
5. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-1).
4. Brett Favre, Vikings (+4).
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (-).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-1).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (+1).
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.