NFL Quarterback Ratings: Week 10
Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Derek Anderson, Browns (-).
31. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-1).
30. Matthew Stafford , Lions (+1).
29. Mark Sanchez, Jets (-).
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-3).
27. Marc Bulger, Rams (-).
26. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-).
25. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (+3).
24. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-).
23. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-3).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (-1).
21. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (+2).
20. Kyle Orton, Broncos (+1).
19. Chad Henne, Dolphins (-).
18. Jay Cutler, Bears (-2).
17. David Garrard, Jaguars (+3).
16. Eli Manning, Giants (-1).
15. Matt Ryan, Falcons (-4).
14. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (-2).
13. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
12. Vince Young, Titans (+3).
11. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
10. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (-4).
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys (-2).
8. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+2).
7. Matt Schaub, Texans (+3).
6. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+2).
5. Tom Brady, Patriots (-2).
4. Brett Favre, Vikings (-1).
3. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (+1).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (-).
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.