Rangers 7, A's 2: My Top 10 Observer-ations
10. Only thing funnier than Oakland trusting Rich Harden is Comedy Central's Tosh.0.
9. Michael Young countdown to 3,000 hits is at 953 ... 952 ... 951. 25 3-hit games most ever by a Ranger in a single season and the guy most of us thought wouldn't be a Ranger this year now has a career-high 104 RBI.
8. Nelson Cruz, the most dangerous No. 8 hitter in the history of baseball batting orders, scored from 3rd on a wild pitch. He and his gigantic-yet-dainty leg muscles make me nervous any time he runs faster than a jog.
7. Despite another 14 hits, pretty sure the "Sitting Duck" hand gesture isn't going to catch on like the "Claw" or "Antlers." It's just that, well, last year was for cutesy stuff. This Fall it's about a championship ring.
Allen Americans vs. Missouri Mavericks
TicketsWed., Dec. 7, 7:05pm
Dallas Mavericks vs. Sacramento Kings
TicketsWed., Dec. 7, 7:30pm
University of North Texas Mean Green Mens Basketball vs. Delaware State Hornets Mens Basketball
TicketsThu., Dec. 8, 7:00pm
POETRY SMASH #3
TicketsThu., Dec. 8, 7:30pm
6. The A's have a 9-year-old boy on the public address for a couple of innings. Lame. Give me Chuck Morgan. Still, that ol' joint will always have a special place in our Rangers' hearts in the wake of clinching the 2010 AL West title a year ago this upcoming weekend.
5. Adrian "Ohhhhh Shiiiiiiiiit!" Beltre ended this one before it got started with a 3-run homer off Rich Harden in the first. The shot started the A'ss-whipping and gave Beltre eight homers in nine games, best Rangers' stretch since Rafael Palmeiro in '99.
4. I'm not proud to admit this, but I do like those Jack Link's Beff Jerky "Messin' With Sasquatch" commercials. Weird for me, because I don't like much of anything.
3. Is Derek Holland baseball's least impressive 15-game winner? He had good stuff Tuesday night -- made the 7-1 lead feel more like 17-1 -- but the guy also gets a league-best 7.5 runs per game in support. Not sure I totally trust him in a playoff start. You?
2. More people will be at the Moneyball premiere in Frisco this weekend than were in Oakland last night. Don't care what the announced crowd was, there weren't 5,000 people there.
1. Magic number to win AL West = 4. Race with Tigers for 2nd-best record in AL = Even.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.