The 10 Most Compelling People on TV
With the Rangers over and the Mavs resting and the Stars playing a meaningless hockey game - ugh, is there an uglier phrase in the English language? - I flipped around DirecTV for a moment last night before wondering aloud:
If I had my choice, who would I watch right now?
Then I answered myself. With a list.
10. Dave Chappelle - Yeah I know he walked and his show is kaput, but every once in a while you'll stumble upon a rerun and it's a week-sweetner. Don't you dare die before seeing his Race Draft. Priceless.
9. Murray Hewitt - Flight of the Conchords manager conducts the worst/best beend meeting in the history of "music."
8. Peter Gammons - I'm not a seam-head, but whenever ESPN's analyst speaks about baseball I stop and listen. He lives for that shit. man, I wished I loved anything half as much as Gammons loves baseball. Plus, I'm fascinated how much he looks like Andrew Jackson, the face of our $20 bill.
7. Mary Carillo - I find her passion and knowledge and ability to communicate tennis to be very arousing. No kidding.
6. Dale Hansen - Whether he's unplugged or applying the Q&A taser to Jerry Jones, Channel 8's icon sports anchor is the closest thing we have to must-see local TV.
5. George Stephanopoulos - He is ... the most interesting man in the world. I don't always watch politics, but when I do I watch This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Stay politcal, my friends.
4. Glenn Beck - I know the Fox News Channel host's tears are more fake than professional wrestling, but I ... can't ... look ... away.
3. Jon Stewart - His Daily Show perspective, common sense and rubber-face expressions make even today's gloomy news gleeful.
2. Katie Morgan - I find her
passion and knowledge and ability to communicate stark, delicious nudity on HBO's show about something-or-other to be very arousing. Double no-kidding.
1. Peter Griffin - Don't try to emulate the ultimate Family Guy. Unless you want to be awesome.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.