The Sighs of Texas Are Upon Us
When it struck me: For all its greats and glories, the University of Texas spits out some real goofballs.
To be fair, Cedric Benson may prove to be innocent and Roger Clemens may not have taken steroids and Tom Hicks may win trophies this year as a soccer and hockey owner. Still, it wasn't too hard to jot down a quickie Top 5 list of Longhorn losers.
I’m sure they’re others. Right, Aggie fans?
Event #35 Mega Satellite for Event #31C
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 9:00am
Event #31C ONE MILLION DOLLAR Guarantee Monster Stack (2-3 Day)
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 12:00pm
Vans Warped Tour Presented By Journeys
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 12:30pm
Event #36 Mega Satellite for Event #31D
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 2:00pm
5. Cedric Benson – Got handcuffed off his own boat for being drunk and disorderly on Lake Travis
4. Chris Jessie – Mack Brown’s step-son thought it a swell idea to touch a live football in Holiday Bowl
3. Ricky Williams – Heisman Trophy and NCAA rushing record lost amidst cloud of marijuana smoke
2. Tom Hicks – Filthy-rich genius is loathed in both the Rangers’ Arlington and Liverpool’s Anfield
1. Roger Clemens – Steroids? Adultery? Public apologies. Has an icon ever fallen farther faster? -- Richie Whitt
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.