The Top 10 Best Character Names in Sports Movies That I Could Think of Off the Top of My Head
Jesus saves. And shoots.
Why did the Los Angeles Lakers lose Game 2 of the NBA Finals Sunday night?
Because they turned their back on Jesus.
Boston Celtics' guard Ray Allen - who played "Jesus Shuttlesworth" in Spike Lee's He Got Game - went off on L.A. He hit a Finals-record eight 3-pointers, scored 27 points in the first half and propelled a 103-94 win that evened the series at 1-1.
How the Lakers continually allowed Allen open looks is inexplicable. And how Jesus Shuttlesworth isn't the all-time best sports movie character name is just as astounding ...
10. Morris Buttermaker - Bad News Bears.
9. Moses Guthrie - The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
8. Crash Davis - Bull Durham.
7. Clubber Lang - Rocky III.
6. Ricky Bobby - Talladega Nights.
5. Shooter McGavin - Happy Gilmore.
4. Rudy - Rudy.
3. Nuke LaLoosh - Bull Durham.
2. Jesus Shuttlesworth - He Got Game.
1. Rocky Balboa - Rocky
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
More Blogs News
- After Club Signs Nathan, Moves Neffy to Rotation, Rangers Offer Wilson Arbitration
- They Went and Stole Shawn Bradley's Bike!
- From Penn State to the Dallas Stars, the Good, Bad and Godawful News in This Day in Sports