The Top 10 Best Character Names in Sports Movies That I Could Think of Off the Top of My Head
Jesus saves. And shoots.
Why did the Los Angeles Lakers lose Game 2 of the NBA Finals Sunday night?
Because they turned their back on Jesus.
Boston Celtics' guard Ray Allen - who played "Jesus Shuttlesworth" in Spike Lee's He Got Game - went off on L.A. He hit a Finals-record eight 3-pointers, scored 27 points in the first half and propelled a 103-94 win that evened the series at 1-1.
How the Lakers continually allowed Allen open looks is inexplicable. And how Jesus Shuttlesworth isn't the all-time best sports movie character name is just as astounding ...
10. Morris Buttermaker - Bad News Bears.
9. Moses Guthrie - The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
8. Crash Davis - Bull Durham.
7. Clubber Lang - Rocky III.
6. Ricky Bobby - Talladega Nights.
5. Shooter McGavin - Happy Gilmore.
4. Rudy - Rudy.
3. Nuke LaLoosh - Bull Durham.
2. Jesus Shuttlesworth - He Got Game.
1. Rocky Balboa - Rocky
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.