The Top 10 Best Moments From the Texas Rangers' 2010 Playoff Run
And what a ride it was ...
10. After an
generous incorrect no-call on a check swing, Michael Young blasts a three-run homer to center field on the next pitch as Texas races to a 5-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALDS en route to a 2-0 series lead in Tampa Bay.
9. Presidents Bush and Dubya Bush drive to the pitcher's mound and throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 4 of the World Series. Don't care what your politics are, that was a goose-bump moment.
8. Shoving a raucous sellout into delirium, Colby Lewis strikes out the side - including Derek Jeter - against the Yankees in the 8th inning of ALCS Game 6 to protect a 6-1 lead and set the stage for a 9th-inning party in Arlington.
7. Yanking a 3-2 deficit into a two-run lead, catcher Bengie Molina smacks a three-run homer down Yankee Stadium's left-field line as the Rangers snatch control of Game 4 on their way to a 3-1 series lead in the ALCS.
6. Aggressively and perfectly executing a rare double-steal, Elvis Andrus races home and slides in safely in the 1st inning of ALCS Game 2 to give the Rangers a 1-0 lead and immediately erase the ugly memories of a Game 1 bullpen meltdown the night before.
5. After Mitch Moreland's gritty at-bat produced a three-run homer three innings earlier, Josh Hamilton homers to right in the 5th inning of World Series Game 3 to push the Rangers to a commanding 4-0 lead.
4. Capping a masterful performance in ALCS Game 3 in The Bronx, Cliff Lee punctuates a 13-strikeout, two-hit night by fanning Jorge Posada and Brett Gardner in the 8th inning of an eventual 8-0 Rangers' win.
3. Darren O'Day gets the Giants' Buster Posey to ground out with a runner on to end the 8th inning of World Series Game 3, sending Texas into the 9th with a 4-2 lead that stood up for the franchise's first - and only - World Series win.
2. Ian Kinsler hits a two-run homer to left in the 9th inning, giving Texas a 5-1 lead in decisive Game 5 against the Tampa Bay Rays and securing the Rangers' first ever playoff series victory.
1. Neftali Feliz strikes out Alex Rodriguez looking to end Game 6 of the ALCS and propel the Rangers into their first World Series and set off an on-field celebration amidst confetti and champagne.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.