The Top 10 Most Impressive Individual Sports Achievements and 10 Cool Things I'd Like to See Achieved
Last night was one of those nights.
In a season of 82 Mavericks' games and 162 Rangers' games, we'll remember April 15. For it was last magical night that we were treated to two - almost simultaneous - rare individual athletic feats in our own back yard:
At the time it had my remote control smoking. Now it has my head spinning, as in "Which one was more impressive?"
Obviously Kinsler's single-double-triple-homer is more difficult, especially considering he went on to become the first Ranger to smack six hits in a 9-inning game.
But where does the cycle rank amongst sports' most impressive achievements. I'm not talking something once-in-a-lifetime remarkable like Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points or Lyle Lovett actually shagging Julia Roberts, but a feat that occurs regularly enough to make it seem attainable, yet at the same time impossible.
C'mon, let's debate ...
THE 10 MOST IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
10. 300 Game - Bowling
9. Riding the Perfect Wave - Surfing
8. 8 Seconds - Bull Riding
7. Hat Trick - Hockey
6. 150 mph Serve - Tennis
5. Triple-Double - Basketball
4. Hat Trick - Soccer
3. No-Hitter - Baseball
2. Cycle - Baseball
1. Hole-in-One - Golf
THE 10 COOLEST THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE ACHIEVED IN SPORTS
10. Deer capable of firing bullets out their antlers - Hunting
9. Standard events, only with really fat guys as the livestock - Rodeo
8. Forward playing an entire game without a sub - Hockey
7. Runner winning 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600 in same meet, without steroids - Track
6. Player contributing three sacks, two touchdowns and 60-yard field goal in same game - Football
5. LeBron James scoring 102 points, all on dunks - Basketball
4. Horse bucking jockey in gate and winning Kentucky Derby sans rider - Horse Racing
3. Ambidextrous pitcher hurling perfect game via 27 strikeouts - Baseball
2. Lance Armstrong winning an 8th Tour de France while popping a wheelie - Cycling
1. Maria Sharapova beating Anna Kournikova for the All-Nude Championship - Tennis
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.