The Top 5 Mexican Athletes in the History of Dallas
I was going to - per my usual list - rank the Top 10 but
that's extremely difficult considering the lack of decent Mexican athletes since it's May 5th I fittingly went with just the five.
My five greatest Mexican athletes in the history of Dallas:
5. Eduardo Najera - Mavs have never replaced his energy and tenacity.
4. Tony Romo - Antonio Ramiro Romo, a third-generation Mexican-American on his father's side, still waiting for post-season success.
3. Esteban Loaiza - Won 17 games with Rangers from '98-'00 and started a '99 playoff game vs. Yankees.
2. Rafael Septien - 9-year career as Cowboys' kicker included two Super Bowls and Pro Bowl season in '81
1. Lee Trevino - Honing his game at Tenison Park, "Merry Mex" won six golf Grand Slam tournaments
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Observer's biggest stories.