The Top 5 Mexican Athletes in the History of Dallas
I was going to - per my usual list - rank the Top 10 but
that's extremely difficult considering the lack of decent Mexican athletes since it's May 5th I fittingly went with just the five.
My five greatest Mexican athletes in the history of Dallas:
5. Eduardo Najera - Mavs have never replaced his energy and tenacity.
4. Tony Romo - Antonio Ramiro Romo, a third-generation Mexican-American on his father's side, still waiting for post-season success.
3. Esteban Loaiza - Won 17 games with Rangers from '98-'00 and started a '99 playoff game vs. Yankees.
2. Rafael Septien - 9-year career as Cowboys' kicker included two Super Bowls and Pro Bowl season in '81
1. Lee Trevino - Honing his game at Tenison Park, "Merry Mex" won six golf Grand Slam tournaments
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.