Unbreaking News: Dirk Done with Gold-Digger
Dirk got duped. He went for an elaborate head fake and embarrassingly got caught in the air with nowhere to land.
It could have been worse.
Hpefully now that he's talking about his ordeal with ex-fiancee Cristal Taylor in Germany it won't be front-page news in Dallas.
"I had some bad judgment," Dirk said yesterday in an interview that made zero sense to me until Google translated, "and that was it."
Dirk's a private guy and this whole thing - evidenced by his spectacular play against Denver - didn't affect his play. He got duped. He made a mistake. It happens.
Two lessons here:
1. Always - and I mean always - perform a thorough background check of your partner before sex.
2. When Dallas' Only Daily gets an interview Cristal Taylor, it's blaring news across the top of the front page of the entire paper. When Dirk Nowitzki grants his first interview in Germany, it's buried on page 4 in sports. Sin-sational.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
More Blogs News
- After Club Signs Nathan, Moves Neffy to Rotation, Rangers Offer Wilson Arbitration
Fri., Nov. 27, 11:30am
Fri., Nov. 27, 2:00pm
Fri., Nov. 27, 2:30pm
Fri., Nov. 27, 5:30pm
- They Went and Stole Shawn Bradley's Bike!
- From Penn State to the Dallas Stars, the Good, Bad and Godawful News in This Day in Sports