Event Name- OR - Select an option below
The library opened in 1916 with a collection of 10,000 volumes thanks to a grant from the Andrew Carnegie Corporation. Today, the current collection numbers more than 475,000 items. In 1921, a branch opened in a rented second-floor dance hall at Madison at Newman Avenue. The current branch library was built in 1929. The original Carnegie Building has undergone major expansions and remodeling over the years, with the latest occurring in 2008.