35 Songs Hollywood Needs To Stop Using
"Somebody Once Told Me The World..." SHUT UP
We know it's hard to cut trailers, and you want to the maximum possible appeal. It's understandable, and we all know the game.
Unfortunately, you've recently achieved critical mass on one subject: overused, hackneyed trailer songs. Sometimes they're indie and soft and intellectual, and other times they are rock numbers that are the equivalent of Matrix-slow-motion fight parodies. Old, tired, and boring. For the audience's sake, please stop using these 35 songs in movie trailers, promos for Grey's Anatomy, and all CBS finale shows.
P.S. Read the list after the jump.
1. How To Save A Life -- The Fray
2. Solsbury Hill -- Peter Gabriel
3. Where Is My Mind? -- The Pixies
4. The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
5. Bad Day -- Daniel Powter
6. For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
7. Fortunate Son -- CCR
8. Kashmere -- Anyone.
9. All Moby Songs
10. Bawitdaba -- Kid Rock
11. Collide -- Howie Day
12. Paper Planes -- M.I.A.
13. Tik Tok - Ke$ha
14. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
15. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
16. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
17. Under Pressure - David Bowie with Queen
18. More Human Than Human - White Zombie
19. Baba O' Riley - The Who
20. Entire Soundtrack - Requiem for a Dream
21. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
22. Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood and the Destroyers
23. Single Ladies - Beyonce
24. All Songs by The Who (You know what TV shows we're talking about)
25. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
26. I Got A Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
27. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
28. All Star - Smashmouth
29. I Feel Good - James Brown
30. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag - James Brown
31. Jump Around - House of Pain
32. Lowrider - War
33. Insane in the Membrane - Cypress Hill
34. Song #2 - Blur
35. Bodies - Drowning Pool
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.