Absolutely Everything You Could Want to Know About the Official Beer of the Toadies
Courtesy Martin House Brewing Company
Rubberneck is, of course, Toadies' debut album that went platinum on the back of smash hits like "Possum Kingdom," "I Come From the Water," and "Tyler." The remastered 20th anniversary of Rubberneck was released on Kirtland Records on April 1. The band is Kelly Clarkson's favorite of all time. Of course, you know all this.
You want to hear more about this beer.
- Rubberneck Red comes in 16oz cans, instead of the standard 12. This allows an extra three quarts of beer per case.
- It comes from the water. Says it right on the can.
|Can of Rubberneck Red on my desk|
- It is "Made In Texas By Texans." It says this on the can too.
- The Rubberneck Red Price Guide is as follows:
1 Case = $39, 3 Cases = $38, 10+ Cases = $36, a 50L Keg = $130.
- Here are Rubberneck Red's "vital stats":
- Rubberneck Red features "smooth, malty grapefruit hop flavors.
For some reason the beer's shorthand illustration for "Special Ingredients - Rock & Roll from Fort Worth, TX" features a chicken:
- Here's how the beer came together:
The brewers at Martin House were honored to work directly with the Toadies to develop a recipe that suited us both perfectly. More than anything, we wanted it to be a beer that the band would want to drink while they played music. We sat down with the band and tasted several beers together. They loved the hop flavor in the Imperial Texan, so that's where we started with this recipe. We wanted something lower in alcohol so it could be enjoyed from the opening act until the epic Toadies encore. We built the recipe with caramel and Munich malts to give the beer a solid malty flavor, a bold red color, and 5% alcohol. We went easy on the bittering hops and heavy on the flavor hops to give it just the right amount tropical fruit and piney flavor. Lastly, we serenaded the yeast with non-stop Toadies music to give it just hint of Rock 'n' Roll. This is how the official beer of the Toadies, Rubberneck Red, was born. Its an easy-drinking, refreshing beer with enough flavor to get excited about.
- These are the "Recommended Activities" the band and brewer hope you'll engage in when drinking Rubberneck Red:
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.