Ten Ironclad Reasons Why Aerosmith Sucks...
They're sometimes called "America's Rock and Roll Band."
And, yes, fastidious Aerosmith fans will shout for the rooftops that "Dream On" is a badass song.
But, au contraire, friends, for there are several facts after the jump that prove the falseness of any "badass" accusation you may make.
In fact, we ask: What major label band has sold out to the rock gods more than Aerosmith, who recently stopped through town for a gig at Superpages.com Center?
Vans Warped Tour Presented By Journeys
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 12:00pm
August Alsina - Don't Matter Tour
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 7:00pm
Morris Day and the Time
TicketsFri., Jul. 28, 9:00pm
Nickelback: Feed The Machine Tour
TicketsSat., Jul. 29, 6:00pm
Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton
TicketsSat., Jul. 29, 7:30pm
Plus, recently, Steven Tyler has shown DNA evidence of suckage with the breaking news that he may host American Idol.
Doesn't get much worse that that, folks. Or does it?
Jump with us to see the list, nay manifesto (for the these "lists" are subject to the realm of opinion, and not hard fact), that points to the massive suckage of one long-standing American rock and roll band: Aerosmith.
1. Because "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" was written for the band by Diane Warren, who also wrote "Unbreak My Heart," and Bon Jovi's "Wild is the Wind."
Steven Tyler poses after a recent soul draining.
2. Because of the above photo.
3. Because they have a Guitar Hero themed for them.
4. Because the name of their "ongoing" tour is "Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock." "Hacky, Over-Priced Rock Tour" was apparently taken.
A still from
7. Joe Perry was in a band called "Jam Band." Again, not available: "We're Playing Awesome Music" and "Shootin' For Greatest Guitarists of All-Time List."
8. Aerosmith's 2003 "Rocksimus Maximus Tour" was co-headlined with KISS.
9. Glen Ballard, who produced gems like Dave Matthews Band's Everyday and Shakira's "The One," has helped Aerosmith craft several, too-many songs.
Steven Tyler and Brittany Spears duet on "Walk This Way"
10. The entire jamboree, cataclysmic fuck fest that is the Super Bowl XXXV "Walk This Way Halftime Show" footage.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.