The 11 Best Things We Overheard At Thin Line Film and Music Festival
Festivals bring out the best in people. So, whenever there are four days and nights of independent films, a wide spectrum of music and Denton streets filled with every variation of plaid, there's bound to be some interesting things being whispered to a friend or screamed to the entire crowd. Put on your all access pass and look back at some of the random, quote-worthy moments as this year's Thin Line Film and Music Festival.
11. "I swear the last time I came here for a show there was a 300-pound dude doing punk in a bedazzled thong. It doesn't get too much more punk than Rich."
~ Fan waiting on the Code Talkers set to start.
10. "I like these kinda shows where I can get on stage, do my thing, and people just walk up and bring me drinks."
~ Snow Tha Product closing her Thursday night set in the Thin Line tent.
World Famous Gospel Brunch
TicketsSun., Dec. 11, 10:30am
Bar Society Presents Local Vocals
TicketsSun., Dec. 11, 4:00pm
The Brian Setzer 13th Annual Christmas Rocks! Tour
TicketsSun., Dec. 11, 6:00pm
Kelsea Ballerini - The First Time Tour
TicketsTue., Dec. 13, 8:00pm
TicketsWed., Dec. 14, 7:00pm
9. "No one in this theater clapped with me for this amazingness?! Damn near standing ovation for the dancing dogs, but for this I can barely get a slow clap started. Fuck it!"
~Disappointed critic following the closing credits of The Last Safari documentary.
8.'"She learned today! You step into my p-poppin arena and you leave with a hurt twerk!!!"
~Winner of a Booty Fade produced battle of the butts Thursday night.
7. "OH MY GOD!!!! Please tell me someboy's turned in my wallet to y'all!"
"Uhm, not unless it has a long silver attached to it."
"Honestly, I could've lost it somewhere yesterday for all I know. I'm getting my pearl snapped right now, I don't need money."
~Patron talking to Sweetwater Bar & Grill staff during PurlSnapShirts' acoustic set.
6. "Yea, Rapsody is a dope MC and a real lyricist but since she's not willing to dance on chairs in the middle of Antarctica, she'll stay underground. Sometimes it's just better that way."
5. "Can you believe those gold-diggers still went to the Bahamas after I got them passes?"
"Dude, a toast to #NoNewFriends ."
~Two friends at the Andy's bar Friday night.
4. "Hey, I was just sitting two rows behind you at the Rwanda showing... I know sounds a little stalkerish but I promise I'm just awkward. So, you want a beer?"
~Failed attempt at a pick-up line at Andy's bar Friday night.
3. "That guy performing made me feel like I was at a church for hip-hop headbangers. I had to sit down and repent for almost not coming out tonight."
~ Patron taking a beer break during AV the Great's soulful Saturday night set.
2. "You don't want to know what happened to me in that bathroom last night. Just know there was a Bloody Mary, flashing lights, and a Mr. Potato Head 'stache. Don't judge, you know how happy potatoes make me."
~ Two friends talking meeting up outside of Rubber Gloves Saturday night.
1. "I can't wait until 35 Denton next month. I hear the line-up has last year beat."
"Cool story bro."
~ Two friends stumbling through the Denton Square Friday night.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.