The End Of The End Of Year Lists (No, Really, This Time): The Top Concerts Of 2008
Find our slideshow of our favorite concert photos of 2008 right here.
I didn't get to Dallas until February, so apologies to any great shows that took place in January--I missed them. But over the past eleven months, I saw plenty of live music--both with touring bands and locals.
How many sucked? More than I care to say.
How many were so-so? Most, actually.
How many were great? A good amount--cutting this list down to 10 wasn't all that easy.
Assuming I went to three shows a week over the 48 weeks I spent in Dallas (a low estimate, really), simple math says I went to at least 144 shows in 2008. After the jump, my Top 10. Feel free to share your favorites--or bash mine--in the comment section. (Like you need permission...) --Pete Freedman
10. Lil Wayne, T-Pain and Keyshia Cole at the American Airlines Center
9. Toadies and The Riverboat Gamblers at Palladium Ballroom
8. Centro-matic, The Kadane Brothers and The Theater Fire at the Granada Theater
7. Jonathan Richman at Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios
6. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (two shows--both acoustic) at Club Dada
5. Bruce Springsteen (with surprise guest Jon Bon Jovi) at the American Airlines Center
4. Kanye West, Rihanna, N.E.R.D and Lupe Fiasco at Superpages.com Center
3. My Morning Jacket (with surprise guest Erykah Badu) at the Palladium Ballroom
2. TV on the Radio and The Dirtbombs at Lakewood Theater
1. Radiohead and Liars at Superpages.com Center
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.