Today in Music News: GNR backs out, Mariah doesn't add up, Jennifer Hudson gets justice, Soulja Boy gets real, and Lil Wayne gets floored.
Your daily music news for the first day of 2009...
- Don't get your hopes up for a two year Guns N' Roses tour. It looks like Tommy Stinson was misquoted. Doesn't it always happen that way?
- Scientists are mad at Mariah Carey for "misreading" algebra with her album title E=MC2. You would think they'd be mad at her for being a diva or having a cooler life. But, I guess they have to find something more tangible to them to be mad about. Geez.
- Jennifer Hudson's estranged brother-in-law was indicted on three counts of murder for killing her sister, mother and nephew. I hope the bastard fries Texas style.
- Apparently Souja Boy Tell 'Em thinks Nas fucked up Hip-Hop the same way Dubya fucked over the country. Really? You're calling Esco out for ruining the Hip-Hops? Shouldn't you really be pointing the finger at Kriss Kross or the guys who did "Who Let The Dogs Out?"
- Oh, and you can see Lil' Wayne fall on his ass here. I think he tripped on his vocoder. --Lance Lester
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.