This week brought a barrage of concert announcements: Demi Lovato, Blake Shelton and Maroon 5 are all playing arena shows, and some '90s favorites hit Starplex next summer. A guitar great will also appear at the soon-to-be opened Canton Hall, and House of Blues added some killer shows. All that plus a whole lot of Kessler Theater announcements ahead.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Grammy-nominated multiplatinum singer and Dallas native Demi Lovato will make a hometown headlining appearance at American Airlines Center on March 7. Lovato will be promoting her new album, Tell Me You Love Me, and hip-hop icon DJ Khaled will open the show. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at livenation.com.
- Country chart-topper, The Voice co-host and all-around nice guy Blake Shelton will perform at American Airlines Center on March 2. His 11th studio album, Texoma Shore, is out this week and sure to catapult to the top of the Billboard charts. Brett Eldredge, Carly Pearce and Trace Adkins will join Shelton on the Ten Times Crazier tour. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at ticketmaster.com.
- Maroon 5 will be back on the road next summer, touring behind its upcoming album Red Pill Blues. Adam Levine and co. will headline American Airlines Center on June 9. Julia Michaels will open for the five-time Grammy winners. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Nov. 4, at ticketmaster.com.
- Black Keys singer Dan Auerbach has put together a pretty remarkable house band, dubbed the Easy Eye Sound, for his upcoming tour. It features legendary session musicians who have played with Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Elton John and Johnny Cash, among others. Shannon & the Clams will also join the revue, which hits Dallas on Feb. 22 for a show at Canton Hall. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at ticketfly.com.
- Scottish alternative rock group Franz Ferdinand is still best known for its 2004 hit single, "Take Me Out." But the band, led by Alex Kapranos, has continued to tour and put out new albums since then. On May 7, it'll appear at House of Blues for a show supporting its soon-to-be-released album, Always Ascending. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at livenation.com.
- Phish bassist Mike Gordon also stops by House of Blues for a Feb. 24 show with a five-piece backing band. He'll be playing songs from his new album, OGOGO. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at livenation.com.
- Two alternative-rock legends are teaming up for a summer tour. Weezer and The Pixies will play at Starplex Pavilion on June 27. English rockers The Wombats will open. Weezer's new album, Pacific Daydream, is out now, and the group has hinted at releasing a follow-up to The Black Album soon. The Pixies have been out touring behind their most recent release, Head Carrier. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 10, at livenation.com.
- Cult favorite They Might Be Giants has plotted an extensive 2018 tour that will bring the group to The Kessler Theater on Feb. 3. Co-founders John Linnell and John Flansburgh co-produced their upcoming album, I Like Fun, and have reinstituted their longtime "Dial-a-Song" service, in which fans can call an 800 number to hear new tunes. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Afie Jurvanen's Bahamas will play The Kessler Theater on Feb. 16. The Toronto-based singer recruited members of D'Angelo's band to record Earthtones, his new album due out in January. The evening should present a mellow blend of strong songwriting and folksy soul. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Gaslight Anthem lead singer Brian Fallon will ride into town with his new backing band, the Howling Weather, for a March 31 date at The Kessler Theater. His 2016 solo album, Painkillers, was reminiscent of Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Rootsy songstress Lee Ann Womack visits The Kessler Theater on April 22. Womack is touring behind her extraordinary and sprawling album, The Lonely, The Lonesome and The Gone. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Laconic songwriter and road warrior Todd Snider always brings a raucous and loyal crowd to his shows. His fans will be out in full force when he plays The Kessler Theater on Jan. 11. Snider's shows often turn into marathon jam sessions filled with red wine, witty banter and storytelling. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 10, at prekindle.com.
- Holy moly, Aimee Mann is coming to The Kessler Theater on Jan. 19. The Oscar-nominated and Grammy-winning singer — not to mention darling of the Hollywood crowd — is touring behind last year's Mental Illness, a stunning collection of songs that showcases Mann's emotional depth and sense of humor. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Native Texans Joe Ely and Terry Allen will perform a Song Swap at The Kessler Theater on Jan. 20. Their catalogs are two of the finest in Americana's history, so there's no doubt this will be a night of stellar songwriting. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Five-time Grammy winner Marty Stuart was at Starplex Pavilion last weekend opening for Chris Stapleton. On Feb. 18, the singer-songwriter and country music icon will headline a show at The Kessler Theater, alongside his band, the Superlatives. They've been busy the last few years, touring the world behind Way Out West. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 10, at prekindle.com.
- Dave Mason has been touring internationally for more than 50 years and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a founding member of Traffic. On Feb. 22, he'll bring his Very Best of Dave Mason tour to The Kessler Theater. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.
- Local favorite Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights will headline the Granada Theater on New Year's Eve. Their soulful boogie and rock 'n' roll set will anchor the bonanza, which will also feature the Texas Gentlemen, Vandoliers and other local stars. Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at prekindle.com.