5. My predictions aren't always right, but I'll guarantee this: My World Series pick - Rangers in 5 - will not come true. Book it.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Texas sniffed a couple scoring chances, but Nelson Cruz popped out - on a 92 mph-fastball right down the pipe - with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out in the 6th and Josh Hamilton flew out with a man on in the 7th. C.J. Wilson was good (until a blister ruptured through his Super Glue-treatment.) Matt Cain was better. The Rangers' bullpen was awful. In two World Series games Rangers' relievers have pitched 5.1 innings and allowed four walks, 11 hits and 11 runs. Vomit.
3. The Rangers almost scored in the 5th when Ian Kinsler's lead-off drive caromed off the top of the wall. Impossible. That wall is about 6 inches thick. A Major League hitter couldn't stand at home plate and hit the ball there in 1,000 swings. Maybe more.
2. The Rangers are now 0-11 all-time in San Francisco's AT&T Park. I can't explain it. But I can hate it.
1. All the moaning about pitching and walks and bullpen be damned, in the history of sports a team has never won that failed to score.