How about a very unofficial list of the five greatest Mexican athletes in the history of Dallas:
5. Esteban Loaiza – Won 17 games with Rangers from '98-'00
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Rafael Septien – nine-year career as Cowboys kicker, including Pro Bowl season in ‘81
3. Eduardo Najera – Mavs have never replaced his energy and tenacity
2. Tony Romo – Antonio Ramiro Romo, a third-generation Mexican-American on his father’s side
1. Lee Trevino – Honing his game at Tenison Park, “Merry Mex” won six golf Grand Slam tournaments -- Richie Whitt