'Boys Fill Up the Pro Bowl
The official announcement wont come on NFL Network until around 3 p.m., but I just got my grubby lil hands on this years Pro Bowl teams and srnuff its dominated by your Dallas Cowboys. Seven starters. Eleven players. The biggest Cowboys representation since 1993.
The reserves: Running back Marion Barber, safety Ken Hamlin, cornerback Terence Newman and quarterback Tony Romo.
The oversights: safety Roy Williams, defensive end Greg Ellis and punter Mat McBriar.
What these results reiterate are things weve known all year:
- Barber should start over Julius Jones. The dude is a backup and gets voted to the Pro Bowl?
- Jerry Jones should be the NFLs Executive of the Year for his drafting of Folk, re-signing of Owens and Romo and free-agent signings of Davis and Hamlin.
- Williams reputation has fittingly plummeted. With a reduced role in pass coverage and now a suspension stemming from his ridiculous horse-collar tackles, hes simply no longer an elite player. Williams, who went to the last four Pro Bowls, led his position in fan voting, but the final tally also includes balloting by players and coaches, and Williams peers have spoken loud and clear.
- Brett Favre makes me sick. Despite last Sundays empty pratfall that floored us all, Romo is having a better year an MVP-type year than everyone not named Tom Brady. But then again, even at this level, theres a tangible popularity element that always pollutes the potion.
The Pro Bowl will be played 3 p.m. February 10 on NFL Network.
In other sorta related news, Romo showed up at Valley Ranch today with a heavy bandage and muscle-stimulating wires on his wrist and injured right thumb. Sources are speculating that the quarterback will tonight get together with Jessica Simpson and stick his thumb in cider. Those rumors, of course, are not as of yet confirmed.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Hate Our New Comment System? Just Make a Burner Facebook Account.
- SCOTUS Talked about UT Admissions Behind Closed Doors Thursday. Tuesday We Learn What...
- Dallas Animal Services to Partner With Lost Dog App to Help You Find Fido