We're busy wrapping up our Best of Dallas 2014 issue, so we're in a stop-and-smell-the-roses state of mind.
No wait. Those aren't roses.
1. Hiring a horse-abuser to run the city's new horse park.
2. Sucking all the water out of natural ponds.
3. The Standing Wave lethal fake rapids on the Trinity River.
4. Writing a secret kill-Uber ordinance and sneaking it onto the part of the City Council agenda nobody even reads.
5. Acting like nobody knew who did that and then admitting it was interim City Manager A.C. Gonzalez, who was gunning for the city manager's job.
See: Not the Best Choice
7. Allowing something called "The Cog" that has headquarters out near Six Flags and the baseball stadium to come up with rules for car-hire services such as Uber and Lyfte in all of North Texas, in other words letting them take over where Gonzalez left off in efforts to kill car-hires and do Yellow Cab's dirty-work.
See: NCTCOG Uber Dallas
8. Paying City Hall's wellness coach $200,000 a year to help City Councilman Dwaine Caraway lose weight.
See: Caraway Weight Loss
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
See: HUD Accuses Dallas.
10. Hiding former City Manager Mary Suhm somewhere in the bowels of City Hall where she continues to carry out fiendish experiments on little bunnies. OK, not little bunnies, but she's down there somewhere doing something.
See: My Search for Mary Suhm.