DISD's "State of Financial Exigency"
For whatever reason, I couldn't access the agenda for Friday's meeting of the Dallas Independent School District board of trustees; district spokesman Jon Dahlander was kind enough to send it. And for those who do not want to click through, here are the two items of note:
3. Consideration and possible approval of resolution declaring (1) a state of financial exigency in the Dallas Independent School District and (2) directing the administration to implement a reduction in force for employees.
4. CLOSED SESSION - the board will retire to closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; including evaluation of the performance of the Superintendent of Schools.
Apropos of nothing, have you yet taken the time to thumb though this? Interesting. Or have you seen this? Also, interesting. Homework? Won't count, though, not unless it helps you pass. --Robert Wilonsky
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Observer's biggest stories.
- That's It Then: The Cowboys 2015 Season Gets Put Out of Its Misery
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:30pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Dec. 5, 12:30pm
- The Cowboys' 5 Biggest Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Live From London: Your Holiday Weekend Weather Apocaforecast