DISD's "State of Financial Exigency"
For whatever reason, I couldn't access the agenda for Friday's meeting of the Dallas Independent School District board of trustees; district spokesman Jon Dahlander was kind enough to send it. And for those who do not want to click through, here are the two items of note:
3. Consideration and possible approval of resolution declaring (1) a state of financial exigency in the Dallas Independent School District and (2) directing the administration to implement a reduction in force for employees.
4. CLOSED SESSION - the board will retire to closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; including evaluation of the performance of the Superintendent of Schools.
Apropos of nothing, have you yet taken the time to thumb though this ? Interesting. Or have you seen this ? Also, interesting. Homework? Won't count, though, not unless it helps you pass. --Robert Wilonsky
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- House Scrambles to Allow Concealed Handguns on Campuses
- Dallas Needs a Ton of Cash to Fix Obsolete Traffic Signals
- Helpful Hint If You Are In a Flood and Totally Screwed: Try Not To Be There.