Drug-free in '03!
Although the new year is a few weeks away, as an early Christmas gift, we offer this list of resolutions. We know you don't need these--you're thin, beautiful, rich, smoke- and disease-free. But just in case...
1. I will quit smoking.
2. I will lose weight.
3. I will stop referring to myself in the third person.
4. I will stop referring to my wife as "what's-her-name."
5. I will stop referring to two wins in a row as a "winning streak."
6. I will stop downloading porn from the Internet on company time.
7. I will stop calling people "dude."
8. I will stop wearing hip-huggers and clogs.
9. I will stop taking business lunches at Cabaret Royale.
10. I will get a real haircut that doesn't make me look like Frankenstein.
11. I will stop referring to the mayor as "Ted Benavides."
12. I will stop letting Robert Decherd tell me what to do.
13. I will stop collecting a paycheck for "writing."
14. I will go back to the gym and actually use the equipment this time.
15. I will stop dancing in public.
16. I will stop picking my nose when I think no one is looking.
17. I will stop illegally burning CDs and taking money out of the pockets of millionaires.
18. I will stop talking about me all the time.
19. I will listen to what you have to say.
20. Did you say something?
21. I will pick up a check every so often.
22. I will get someone pregnant.
23. I will see the dentist sometime this decade.
24. I will start wearing pants.
25. I will stop referring to my privates as "paradise alley."
26. I will stop eating red meat.
27. I will stop eating fish.
28. I will stop eating vegetables.
29. I will stop eating.
30. I will stop dating strippers.
31. I will start dating hookers.
32. I will stop getting plastic surgery.
33. I will stop wearing hairpieces.
34. I will fire Dave Campo.
35. I will see a movie in a foreign language and like it.
36. I will stop referring to Shawn Bradley as "good" or "promising."
37. I would love to love you, baby.
38. I will start using spellchek.
39. I will stop using my cell phone while in the car.
40. I will stop hanging up on my mother.
41. I will stop answering the phone by saying, "Go."
42. I will stop referring to my children as "what's-their-names."
43. I will stop crank-calling 911.
44. I will give the police a 15 percent raise...maybe.
45. I will sell a sports team.
46. I will buy an airplane off the Internet.
47. I will stop locking my kid in a closet.
48. I will learn how to speak a second language that isn't "British."
49. I will stop referring to Dallas as "The City of Hate."
50. I will stop going to Dealey Plaza at midnight to re-enact the assassination of JFK.
51. I will stop making the thumbs-up gesture when I agree with someone.
52. I will stop driving to Krispy Kreme at 11:55 p.m.
53. I will stop playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City till 4 a.m.
54. I will stop referring to Jackass as the "greatest movie ever made."
55. I will stop ordering Pizza Hut every night.
56. As if it wasn't obvious, I will stop smoking dope.
57. I will stop referring to the city charter as "inconsequential nonsense."
58. I will stop arresting innocent people.
59. I will learn the difference between cocaine and chalk powder.
60. I will hold my job forever no matter how many times I fuck up.
61. I will not run for mayor.
62. I will stop urinating in public unless absolutely necessary.
63. I will stop referring to the boss as "who?"
64. I will stop asking you to "smell this."
65. I will stop being jealous of friends who are more successful than I.
66. I will get new friends.
67. I will use my turn signal.
68. I will stop swearing.
69. Fuck that.
70. I will stop believing those are "actual photos."
71. I will stop pretending I am embarrassed by escort ads since they do pay my rent.
72. I will learn how to cook something other than pasta.
74. I will buy a book that doesn't have pictures in it.
75. I will stop trying to write off Maxim as a business expense.
76. I will stop searching the Internet for nude pictures of Bea Arthur.
77. I will use my looks for good, not evil.
78. I will stop referring to a certain former gubernatorial candidate as "Dirty Sanchez."
79. I can dance if I want to, I can leave my friends behind.
80. I will stop insisting I read Tiger Beat for the articles.
81. I will stop promising what I cannot deliver.
82. I will stop referring to my husband as "Steve...something."
83. I will stop pretending I am a Democrat.
84. I will stop dating models unless absolutely necessary.
85. I will stop referring to Dirk Nowitzki as "Eva Brawny."
86. I will stop reveling in the misfortune of others unless absolutely necessary.
87. I will stop referring to the American Airlines Center as "that overpriced toilet bowl."
88. I will dome the Cotton Bowl.
89. I will build a glorious urban development on the Trinity River.
90. I will turn downtown Dallas into Central Park.
91. I will pick up some "magic dust" that makes the impossible possible.
92. I will learn how to play a musical instrument instead of merely blowing it out my ass.
93. I will use a fork.
94. I will learn how to spoon and like it.
95. I will stop leaving knives in my friends' backs.
96. I will learn how to throw a spiral.
97. I will stop wasting second-round draft picks.
98. I will find out how much money the city has "loaned" Diane Ragsdale and Al Lipscomb.
99. I will stop referring to Terrell Bolton as "Gary Coleman."
100. I will stop imagining Heather Hayes delivering the news in a Catholic schoolgirl outfit.
101. I will stop watching The Mark Cuban Show. Wait, I mean start watching it. Wait...
102. I will not let Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez or Kenny Rogers sign with another team.
103. I will stop lying.
104. I will stop believing the Texas Rangers "have a shot" after May.
105. I will stop referring to The Dallas Morning News as "readable."
106. I can't drive 55.
107. I will stop giving high fives.
108. I will stop taking the High Five.
109. I will stop pretending I can grow a beard.
110. I will never grow a moustache again.
111. I will begin a lifelong journey to realize my potential as a loving being capable of helping others without a thought given to my own needs, wants or desires.
112. I will so not.
113. I will stop referring to Quincy Carter as "quarterback."
114. I will stop referring to poetry as "an art form."
115. I will always love you.
116. I will admit I bet on baseball.
117. I will find out just where South Dallas is and actually go there.
118. I will stop referring to "5 and 11" as a winning season.
119. I will stop making fun of LeAnn Rimes.
120. I will stop trying to figure out which of the Dixie Chicks is "the hot one."
121. I will forgive, but I will not forget.
122. I will finally admit that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
123. Well, he did. D'uh.
124. I will stop listening to Radio Disney until I have children of my own.
125. I will stop calling talk radio.
126. I will take the city for all it's worth.
127. I will try to remember who the superintendent of DISD is.
128. I will try to find out whatever happened to John Wiley Price.
129. I will stop giggling whenever I hear the word "Sheetrock."
130. I will win more football games than SMU.
131. I will marry Angie Harmon. This, I vow.
132. I will stop giving D an F.
133. I will stop giving money to KERA-FM until they bring back music.
134. I am not kidding.
135. I will kill Barney.
136. I will stop biting the hand that feeds me.
137. I will stop biting the hand that feels me.
138. I will stop trading for 7-foot-6 Mormons.
139. I will stop putting only white people on the cover of my magazine.
140. I will stop frequenting strip clubs on the city's dime.
142. I will stop pretending getting off on a technicality is the same thing as "not guilty."
143. I will get to those potholes just as soon as those suckers re-elect me, ha ha.
144. I will stop pretending I give a damn.
145. Because I don't.
146. I will stop pretending Ray Hunt and Ron Kirk are evil.
147. I will keep smoking in restaurants. No, you go to hell.
148. I will get that hacking cough checked by a doctor sometime this year.
149. I will smoke a joint with Mark Stepnoski.
150. I will do all of the above.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Dallas, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.