For $70 Million, Damn Right I'd Better Get My Own Bowling Alley, "a Theatre Reminiscent of Old New York" and a Two-Story Closet
I've heard plenty about Champ d'Or over the years -- you know, that "mixed-use estate" perched on 256 "developable acres" out in Hickory Creek (that's Denton County). But I've only seen one or two exterior photos of the joint, currently on the market for $69.9 million -- a steal, man. Thankfully, though, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage just announced it has set up a website for interested buyers who ain't got time for panini sandwiches at an open house, no matter how delicious. Take a virtual tour. Don't cost nothin', except hours of your time.
Among the highlights:
- a tea room fashioned after Central Park's Tavern on the Green
- a two-story master closet modeled after the Chanel at Chateau Fontainebleau boutique in Paris
- a grand ballroom patterned after the Hall of Mirrors of the Palace of Versailles
- a theatre reminiscent of old New York with loge box seating
- a 78-foot-high rotunda foyer enhanced with a beautiful Trompe L'oeil
- a conservatory and veranda accommodating 500 people
- a two-lane bowling alley and racquetball court
- an outdoor pool, pool house and tennis courts with stadium seating
And that's just the main house. Split it?
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Hate Our New Comment System? Just Make a Burner Facebook Account.
- SCOTUS Talked about UT Admissions Behind Closed Doors Thursday. Tuesday We Learn What...
- Dallas Animal Services to Partner With Lost Dog App to Help You Find Fido