Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Kyle Boller, Rams (-).
31. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (-4).
30. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-4).
29. Matthew Stafford, Lions (-).
28. Mark Sanchez, Jets (+1).
27. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-9).
26. Brady Quinn, Browns (+4).
25. Bruce Gradkowski, Raiders (+6).
24. Chris Redmon
Matt Ryan, Falcons (-8).
23. Chad Henne, Dolphins (+2).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (-).
21. Jay Cutler, Bears (+3).
20. Jake Delhomme, Panthers (-).
19. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (+2).
18. Jason Campbell, Redskins (+1).
17. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-3).
16. Kyle Orton, Broncos (+5).
15. David Garrard, Jaguars (-).
14. Eli Manning, Giants (+3).
13. Matt Schaub, Texans (-1).
12. Vince Young, Titans (-3).
11. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (+2).
10. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (+1).
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys (-1).
8. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
7. Tom Brady, Patriots (-2).
6. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (+1).
5. Brett Favre, Vikings (-1).
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+2).
3. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (-).
2. Peyton Manning, Colts (-).
1. Drew Brees, Saints (-).