Like the BCS, style points count. So do geeky, black-and-white stats such as touchdowns and quarterback rating. Wins and losses? Definitely. Leadership? Uh-huh.
When it comes to my weekly NFL Quarterback Rankings - if I had one of those little encircled R's to signify a trademarked idea, it'd go here - the criteria is everything, nothing and all that's in between.
Past performance and future potential is considered, but mostly - like college football's weekly Top 25 - it's an attempt to identify the quarterbacks you'd most like to have starting for your team in this game, this week, right now. Injuries, obviously, significantly plummet value. A clever new TV ad might bump a player a notch.
32. Kyle Boller, Rams (-1).
31. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (+1).
30. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (-1).
29. Matthew Stafford, Lions (-).
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (-1).
27. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (-).
26. Brady Quinn, Browns (+2).
25. Jason Campbell, Redskins (-4).
24. Chad Henne, Dolphins (-).
23. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (-1).
22. Alex Smith, 49ers (+2).
21. Mark Sanchez, Jets (+4).
20. Matt Moore, Panthers (+3).
19. Jay Cutler, Bears (+2).
18. Matt Ryan, Falcons (+3).
17. David Garrard, Jaguars (+1).
16. Kyle Orton, Broncos (+1).
15. Joe Flacco, Ravens (-).
14. Eli Manning, Giants (-4).
13. Vince Young, Titans (-3).
12. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (+2).
11. Matt Schaub, Texans (+1).
10. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (+3).
9. Brett Favre, Vikings (-5).
8. Kurt Warner, Cardinals (-).
7. Carson Palmer, Bengals (+1).
6. Tony Romo, Cowboys (+3).
5. Drew Brees, Saints (-4).
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Tom Brady, Patriots (+1).
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+2).
2. Phillip Rivers, Chargers (+1).
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (+1).