Speaking of Ballparks and Getting the Munchies, A Look at the Rangers' New World Series Menu
Texas Rangers spokesman John Blake just sent word: For World Series Games Three and Four at the Ballpark in Arlington -- oh, right, Game Five too, fingers crossed -- the team's done beefed up (heh) its sports menu. Also: The team's added more places to buy beer in the park, which, after last night, is not a bad idea ... at ... all. (Though, where are the tokin' stations?)
The full menu follows, but before you jump, savor this amuse-bouche: "Bacon-wrapped hot dogs and brats topped with caramelized onions, pickle relish and spicy mustard on Rotella rolls." Also: Asian Cart!
Delaware North Sportservice Serving Fans a Slice of Texas
and More for First World Series at Rangers Ballpark
Smoked brisket, Nolan Ryan's prime rib and burgers, and Food Network suite dishes on tap
ARLINGTON, Texas (Oct. 28, 2010) - Delaware North Companies Sportservice is set with a beefed up staff and lineup of favorite Texas dishes and more, so Rangers fans can savor the first World Series at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Sportservice has added chefs, vendors and created special menus for games 3, 4 and 5 against the San Francisco Giants, which are scheduled for Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights at Rangers Ballpark. More than 1,500 Sportservice associates and non-profit group members are ready to serve fans at each game, and more than 30 Sportservice managers will help oversee the operation.
Rick Abramson, Sportservice's president, said the company is eager to once again demonstrate its experience and expertise in sports hospitality and food service during the 2010 World Series.
"Sportservice is excited to be treating Texas fans to a wide array of great food during the World Series," Abramson said. "From Nolan Ryan's Guaranteed Tender Beef to the new Asian Wok, we have all the bases covered."
In 2006, Sportservice fed the fans at all of the games of the World Series at the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis and at Comerica Park in Detroit, where Sportservice began its first major league concessions contract in 1930.
Shawn Mattox, Sportservice's general manager at Rangers Ballpark, said Texas fans and others taking in the Fall Classic will be pleased with the array of selections available at concessions, as well as in the clubs and suites.
"This season we introduced plenty of new concepts and menu items, including a chicken fried steak sandwich, sweet potato fries, chocolate lava cake, grilled veggie subs, in-seat quesadillas and new draft beers," Mattox said. "These items, paired with our special offerings just for these upcoming games, will make for one great World Series-worthy spread."
During the 2010 baseball season, Sportservice's House Smoked Brisket and menu items featuring Nolan Ryan's Guaranteed Tender Beef were most popular, Mattox said. Sportservice offers Nolan Ryan's burgers and sausage in concessions, prime rib at the Diamond Club Buffet, and burgers and sliders in the suites and the Cuervo Club. The signature brisket is served both chopped and sliced in the concessions, in the suites and at the Cuervo Club.
The lineup of popular beers served at the ballpark now includes many from Texas, including Rahr Texas Red, Rahr Blonde, Shiner Bock, Shiner Black, Lonestar, Saint Arnold Lawnmower and Saint Arnold Summer Wheat.
For the World Series, new menu items, portable concession carts and souvenirs are being added throughout the ballpark:
New menu items in concessions:
· Bacon-wrapped hot dogs and brats topped with caramelized onions, pickle relish and spicy mustard on Rotella rolls are served with World Series souvenir cups of soda or beer in three locations on the concessions concourse.
· World Series souvenir items include a peanut bucket, popcorn bucket, cotton candy bucket, nacho bucket, beer cup, beer mug, soda cup and soda mug.
· The Bayou Cookin' portable cart features gumbo and white rice, red beans and white rice, dirty rice, andouille sausage and Abita beer from Louisiana.
· The new Asian Wok cart features Asian noodles and fried rice with a choice of chicken or shrimp, as well as Sapporo beer.
· Fifteen new beer and soda locations have been added throughout the park.
New menu items in clubs:
· A new pasta station and Asian wok station have been added to the Diamond Club Buffet.
· The Big Tex Torta sandwich with grilled ham, smoked turkey, fresh avocado, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon and spicy mayonnaise on grilled soft bread is available in the Cuervo Club with a choice of a souvenir cup of soda or beer.
New menu items in suites:
· The Champagne Celebration package features two bottles of Champagne, 10 glasses and two Rangers souvenir buckets.
· The World Series Special serves 7 to 10 guests and includes seasonal fruit, nine-layer dip, chilled shrimp, crab claws, great American salad, beef tenderloin, chicken fajitas, hot dogs, potato salad, a cookie and brownie combo, Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Coors Light, Shiner and Dos Equis XX, and Mondavi Chardonnay and Cabernet.
In the suites, Sportservice is also serving the most popular of the Food Network dishes it introduced this season at Rangers Ballpark and seven others across the country through its new partnership with the iconic lifestyle brand.
Fans can savor a New Orleans barbecued shrimp appetizer, smashed fried potatoes topped with cheddar cheese and bacon, an iceberg wedge salad with blue cheese and oven-roasted tomatoes, and a slow-roasted drunken pork sandwich with celery root slaw. The Food Network dishes are paired with Sam Adams Oktoberfest and The Veranda -- made with Maker's Mark bourbon, peach puree and lime juice.
"Food Network takes classic dishes and gives them a unique and delicious twist," said Cristobal Vazquez, Certified Chef de Cuisine and Sportservice's executive chef for the Texas Rangers. "The fans have loved them, and our chefs are thrilled to be creating them."
Vazquez oversees all culinary operations and menus, including premium dining in the Diamond Club Buffet, suite and event catering, and general concessions.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Giving Dallas Police Body Cameras Is the Easy Part
- District 10 Candidate Adam McGough Lines Up Against the Trinity Road
- Connect-a-Jet Promised a Revolution in Travel, Delivered a Scam