Creating a dramatic fireworks display is hard enough when the pyrotechnics are launched from the ground. But during 2017's New Year's show, AT&T Streaming Lights at Reunion Tower, the fireworks erupted from the base of the tower to the top, 560 feet high. The Reunion Tower was more than just a platform, using it's light system to accompany more than 4,000 pyrotechnic special effects.
Reunion Tower Fireworks, By the Numbers
- It took approximately 1,000 hours to build, fasten, and wire all the pods and armatures at an offsite facility.
· Installation of this hardware at Reunion Tower took approximately 350 hours.
· Eight control computers are synchronized to shoot the fireworks, with a firing precision of 1/30th of a second.
- There were more than 200 firing modules, located throughout the tower, connected by approximately 18,000 feet of cable.
· The pyrotechnic display filled the 70 million cubic feet of airspace in and around the tower.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!