I admit, I had doubts when the Cowboys drafted a kicker in the 5th round back in April. But after one game and three touchbacks by kickoff specialist David Buehler, it looks genius.
Dear Raheem Morris: You are not a player. Please stay off the field.8.
Combining Thanksgiving '06 and today, in his last two starts against Tampa Bay Tony Romo has produced 659 passing yards and eight touchdowns.7.
Don't know about you, but I'm very happy that next Sunday night against the Giants is Orlando Scandrick's turn in the right cornerback rotation.6.
We can giggle all we want about Wade in shades, but the guy does something right. Under Phillipsthe Cowboys are now 8-1 in September
5. Not exactly the performance the Cowboys' defensive coordinator wanted, I suspect. Tampa Bay - with slow-motion windmill quarterback Byron Leftwich and best receiver Antonio Bryant on the sideline most of the game - amassed 450 yards, 26 first downs and gained 6.2 yards per carry. The Cowboys didn't force a turnover or record a sack. And, imagine, it could've been worse. The Bucs missed a field goal, had another one blocked, overthrew a would-be touchdown over Mike Jenkins late in the first half and suffered a key drop by Kellen Winslow. While the Cowboys offense played like a 13-3 team, the defense was very 8-8.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. I know I should get over it already, but that stupid Fox robot drives me insane and gets me madder than Serena Williams. Today he was playing a guitar, doing jujutsu, jumping rope and even line dancing. My enduring question: Why?!
3. Oh, that tricky Jason Garrett. Didn't see Tashard Choice coming didja? Especially at Wildcat. Remember last year when the Cowboys were supposedly predictable? Still, I'd like a little more than nine touches (six carries, three kickoff returns) by Felix Jones.
2. Dear Romo critics: Through 40 games as the Cowboys' starting quarterback he has thrown for more yards, touchdowns and recorded a higher completion percentage during the first 40 games of guys named Staubach, White and Aikman. Oh yeah, Romo is also 28-12. Today he threw for a career-high 353 yards and touchdowns of 42 (Miles Austin), 66 (Roy Williams) and 80 (Patrick Crayton) yards.
1. Terrell Who? All those fans who predicted Romo would disintegrate and the Cowboys' offense would stagnate without T.O., um, the floor is yours.