10. Impressed yesterday that -- on a players day off -- 6th-round draft choice and receiver Dwayne Harris was running sprints and routes. All by his lonesome.
9. Mat McBriar isn't exactly Rob Ryan, but he's departing pudgy and heading toward fat. McBriar pulled his hamstring running in ... More >>
We now return to your regularly scheduled football season where ... Oh, dear.
If you saw this coming - the Dallas Cowboys at 1-6 - raise your hand. I'm impressed. I'll also, of course, need proof.
Some of us thought the Cowboys would play in Super Bowl XLV. Most of us thought they'd win the ... More >>
10. Cowboys' fans can bemoan bad luck at having quarterback Tony Romo knocked out of the game - and the season - but this was more bad play. Rookie fullback Chris Gronkowski missed a simple blitz pick-up, allowing New York's Michael Boley a free shot on Romo. He didn't miss.
9. I don't ... More >>
Ah, the good ol' days.Sean Lee is good. But not good enough.
Drafted in the second round to be a better Bobby Carpenter, the Penn State rookie has looked good in the preseason. But not good enough to earn the job as the Dallas Cowboys' nickel linebacker.
Spin it any way you want, this is a ... More >>
Chris Hall: The man with the (free agent) planYou can rag on the Dallas Cowboys' drafts. There have been as many whiffs as hits, no?
But before we condemn general manager Jerry Jones and his staff, along the way somebody's doing something right. Mainly, the team's scouting department.
I kn ... More >>
10. Linebacker Anthony Spencer missed practice after getting his foot stepped on in Wednesday's warm-ups, but it's a day-to-day thing. No biggie. Second-year player Victor Butler took his place and didn't look out of place at all.
9. Rough day for the offense. Tony Romo was harassed int ... More >>
To get Bobby Carpenter outta town, any old Alex would've done the trick.The Dallas Cowboys finally admitted Monday what we've all known for years: Bobby Carpenter is a blonde bust.
Drafted 18th overall in 2006 before stars like Antonio Cromartie and Joseph Addai (thank you, Bill Parcells), ... More >>
Whether you're at the end of your rope or merely the end of your week, welcome to Whitt's End:
*Newy Scruggs is on vacation next week from 105.3 The Fan, which means two things: 1. I'll miss my pawdnuh. 2. At least one of the days I'll be joined by a very special, very familiar mys ... More >>
Better than Bobby?The good news: The Dallas Cowboys likely drafted the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a linebacker who will signal the end of the Bobby Carpenter era.
The bad news: The Dallas Cowboys still don't have a play-making free safety or any depth along the offensive line.
... More >>
A month from tonight - that's right, tonight - the NFL Draft will commence in prime for the first time.
Currently with the 27th overall pick, what will your Dallas Cowboys do? A safety? Perhaps Southern Cal's Taylor Mays or Texas' Earl Thomas? An offensive lineman for when, not if, Flozell A ... More >>
Okay, I'm technically on vacation. But I know the drill.
When a dude predicts the Cowboys will lose 45-10 and is flat dead ass wrong, he needs to show up to take his Season's Beatings. Right? So here I am, take your best shot.
FYI, I like my crow with a cup of gumbo.
10. Wholly Guacamole!!!
... More >>
I like to prod ol' Uncle Wade but, let's face, his fixed defense is the reason there's hope in Cowboyville. Jason Garrett is clueless. Roy Williams is a bust. Martellus Bennett is a non-factor. Felix Jones has lost a step. Nick Folk has the yips. Marc Colombo is hurt. Ken Hamlin ... More >>
AP10. Ten. That's how many Cowboys caught passes Sunday. Of the players eligible to be a receiver, only Tashard Choice got shut out.
9. Halloween hangover. The end of Daylight Savings Time. Whatever. Something weird was going on at Cowboys Stadium, for I coulda swore I saw Bobby Carpenter ... More >>
Quick takes from a Wednesday's minicamp workout at Carrollton's Standridge Stadium:
*Tony Romo says the story that appeared in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about him being told to lose weight is total bullshit. "That never happened," Romo said with a smile. "It just didn't." ...
*From what I co ... More >>