In the final analysis the Cowboys kept nine rookies, four undrafted free agents, two kickers and zero fullbacks.
If you saw that coming, raise your Labor Day hand. Didn't think so.
We did foresee the departures of Igor Olshansky, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Montrae Holland, so not everythi ... More >>
10. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna didn't practice for a second consecutive day on Tuesday because of a sore back yesterday. Move along, nothing to see here. (Fingers crossed.)
9. Owner Jerry Jones thinks running back Felix Jones is the key to the season: "If he's real good, we'll be real go ... More >>
I'll never forget the image. It was 2009 and your Cowboys were holding their afternoon training camp practice at San Antonio's Alamodome. In shorts. The pace and feel of coach Wade Phillips' camp mimicked that of a leisurely picnic kicking off a weekend 10-year high school reu ... More >>
Tyron Smith: The next Dallas Cowboy?The Cowboys need help at safety. Their 2010 pass defense was the worst in the 50-year history of the storied franchise and two culprits were Gerald Sensabaugh and Alan Ball.
Problem: The Cowboys won't take a safety with the 9th pick in tonight's NFL Draf ... More >>
10. DeSean Jackson is fun to watch, and so easy to hate. After his 91-yard catch-and-run touchdown he stopped at the 1 and slowly fell backward into the end zone. Where's George Teague when you need him?
9. At 4-9 the Cowboys are officially losers (for the first time since '04) and  ... More >>
10. Cowboys' fans can bemoan bad luck at having quarterback Tony Romo knocked out of the game - and the season - but this was more bad play. Rookie fullback Chris Gronkowski missed a simple blitz pick-up, allowing New York's Michael Boley a free shot on Romo. He didn't miss.
9. I don't ... More >>
10. If I told you that Team A had edges over Team B in yards (410-308), plays (71-49) and time of possession (33:40-26:20) while holding its opponent to 1 of 11 on third downs and producing a special teams touchdown, you'd probably say that Team A had a 90-percent chance of wi ... More >>
10. I'm out of excuses/reasons/explanations. Any theories as to why - still - quarterback Tony Romo and receiver Roy Williams don't seem to be on the same page? Sometimes it's Romo overthrowing him and sometimes it's Williams falling down. Whatever, they just don't click.
9. Of all the lineb ... More >>
The Cowboys are 2-1 in the preseason. They've suffered numerous injuries but only one serious (tight end John Phillips). The defense has been at times dominating. The offense has been sporadic at best. Kickers Mat McBriar and David Buehler look reliable.
Add it all up and - with meanin ... More >>
10. Tony Romo spent about 10 minutes after practice chatting with long-time San Antonio Spurs' pest Bruce Bowen. Let's hope the topic was winning, not defense.
9. For the first time in training camp the Cowboys brought in referees. Today's lone practice focused on goal-line situations.
8. Am ... More >>
Let's not get greedy. For now we'd settle for a win in December.This?
Just hours before the first practice of training camp here at The Alamodome, I decided to doodle up what the Cowboys' final roster will look like come the Sept. 13th opener at Tampa Bay.
It starts here. And ends up below ... More >>
Ugh.There's a minicamp at Valley Ranch this weekend, only three months before training camp in San Antonio and a mere 139 days until the Dallas Cowboys kick off their 2009 NFL season against the Buccaneers in Tampa.
No better time to look into my crystal football and predict the team's o ... More >>